Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets
11-05-2013, 10:42 AM,
RE: 'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets
The practice of needing several base games to play through supplements is certainly a frequent occurence with respect to APL's game series. I have noted the same process with respect to GWAS and SWWAS supplements. I feel that a lot of the fun in PG is the variety of places the series can take you and that the supplements can get you there. They will not be for everyone. I was lucky to get most of the base system through a tremendous sale years ago and have been able to afford adding items as they became available. As a result I don't have to worry too much about playability. This is much more of a problem for newcomers to the system as they may need FoF, ER, EFDx, RtB and BoB for the boards alone, let alone additional supplements to get the units.

There really are very different groups.

For the record, I like the variety in the supplements and don't mind the need for a large collection to be able to play them.

My real concern is the possibility that some of the supplements will be rereleased with additional or revised scenarios (see Airborne or Edelweiss for examples). Even it they are "new and improved" the question is why buy them? Is the "new" and "improved" worth the full pricetag?
No "minor" country left behind...

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets - by Matt W - 11-05-2013, 10:42 AM