Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets
11-05-2013, 05:03 AM,
RE: 'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets
(11-05-2013, 03:24 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: While I can play everything I have, I wonder how many new players are discouraged from expanding their collections because of on going purchase requirements.

That is a very good point, Peter. I have been on both sides of this discussion.

Initially, When getting back into it, I looked at PG and as I read through all the game/supplement descriptions, I got discouraged because, at the time, I was only looking at AP website for purchases and saw that if I wanted to do anything other than Elsenborn Ridge (which was my first purchase) I would have to spend almost $200-300 to play a supplement costing $24.

However, as I was soon to find out, most of the games can be had for a fraction of the retail price, whether through the old sales (and the current ones like Black November and the 12 days of Christmas), or through online retailers, BGG and e-bay.

Since that initial purchase of ER, With that same $300-350 over the course of two years, I have now built up my collection to include all the PG boxed games and the many supplements that are supported by those games. I don't have any of the "new" boxed games yet (Kursk : SF or later), but I am a patient person, but you can put me squarely in the camp of liking the supplements that draw from many games.

For the record, I do keep my game/supplement counters in separate 24-slot plano boxes (actually a knock-off that is good enough and I can get 3 for $15.00 at Dick's Sporting Goods). I don't mind the trolling.. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets - by tlangston28 - 11-05-2013, 05:03 AM