Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets
11-04-2013, 10:46 PM,
'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets
I know I am in a minority here, maybe even a minority of ONE ! But unlike most, I actually like supplements to draw from many box-sets and other supplements.

What I like about such products is that it allows for many boards from different sets to be set up together in configurations that a straight-jacketed box-set or supplement drawing on just one box-set (maybe 2) does not allow you to do.

For example, Invasion of Germany as a group takes in Elsenborn Ridge, Battle of the Bulge and Eastern Front boards (I think there even RtB boards as well). To me, that is an excellent combo of mix & match (yes, I'd like it even more if the artwork all matched but lets do baby steps here).

Also, to be able to draw on pieces that can be drawn from many sets means that individual units from one box-set get to fight against an even bigger 'who's-who' of the PG Gamut of unit types.

I know for some, digging into different boxes to take pieces out is a bind and maybe as I keep my nationalities together all as one (except for the leaders of course) it isn't such a labour for me (though I did mention this advantage many years ago on a particular CSW thread).

I'd be interested to know who else does not mind supplements using lots of PG's index of goodies to hand and also, those of you that HATE it, you can pile on as well (I know I am outnumbered here Smile)

Messages In This Thread
'Controversial' View on Supplements Using Multi-Sets - by vince hughes - 11-04-2013, 10:46 PM