Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFV units with indirect fire or: what makes a tank a tank?
09-27-2013, 03:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 04:12 AM by Brett Nicholson.)
AFV units with indirect fire or: what makes a tank a tank?
Okay, stupid question time. I am playing a solo scenario with a British Bishop unit which has an indirect fire value. I know it is an AFV as opposed to an APC but is it a unit that requires a tank leader or a regular leader to activate, or a leader of it's own like the armored car units? Simply put, is it able to be activated by a tank leader or not? I understand that it has an AT value but an indirect fire value as well. I suppose that I can assume since it is mechanized and not motorized an armored car leader could not activate it but is it really a tank? Basically does it have it's own leader type as a unique unit? What makes a tank a tank? ...lol... fine then, I'll answer my own question: actvated by a tank leader I suppose but in fact, the unit is self-propelled artillery with no direct fire capabilities and find it absurd for a tank leader to encourage this unit to make an assault against foot units with no direct fire value and thus may not be able to answer to a tank leader any more than an armored car unit or an artillery unit. But it does have an AT fire capability so I suppose tank leaders could ask it to advance and fire on other tanks, if they are avaialble as targets. If not, then is it technically a tank available for tank leaders to lead and for what purpose other than self-propelled artillery? Inquiring minds want to know, at least one. ;-)

Messages In This Thread
AFV units with indirect fire or: what makes a tank a tank? - by nebelwurfer9 - 09-27-2013, 03:19 AM