Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 new titles coming out after Liberation
09-20-2013, 07:41 PM,
RE: 4 new titles coming out after Liberation
I've been reading up on the Ethiopian war of the 30's and it looks like a lot of close quarter fighting considering a lot of the Ethiopian forces didn't even have rifles and made attacks with spears, bows and arrows and even rolling down boulders from hills to try to stop Italian tankettes. I think there was mention of the Ethiopian army maybe having a few Ford armored cars and a left over tankette or two from WWI. I think the total Ethiopian air force consisted of about 13 aircraft, biplanes. Of course I will buy it when it is released and the Ethiopian army did have the Christmas Offensive which I suppose was a high mark for them.

However, the Spanish Civil War would seem to be a very interesting one with the forces involved and plenty of tanks on both sides. Of course Italy didn't really fare so well in their part; especially going up against Soviet tanks with L3/35s and such. Germany was there in force. Nationalist Spain is already represented somewhat with 'Blue Division' but there should be an interesting counter mix with Republican forces the possibility of the international brigades. Also that the conflict was not just limited to Spain but to the islands and Morroco. The conflict lasted about three years so it seems that AP could do a lot with it. Hopefully the slated 'Conquest of Ethiopia' does well enough to make the Spanish Civil War coverage happen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4 new titles coming out after Liberation - by nebelwurfer9 - 09-20-2013, 07:41 PM