Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comparing Airborne 1st, 2nd and 3rd
09-15-2013, 02:16 AM,
RE: Comparing Airborne 1st, 2nd and 3rd
(09-15-2013, 01:18 AM)campsawyer Wrote:
(09-15-2013, 12:59 AM)larry marak Wrote: If anyone wants to give Shad an extra 6 hours to his day with pay, and complete files of every PG product, he would probably gladly produce a Vassal of Airborne that everybody would love. Barring that 30 hour day, I think he has done very well.

Yes, this is well done. I believe Jim is looking for which scenario's can still be playable with the 3rd edition. Give some postings about by people wanting Vassal from APL for years they will never be satisfied until there is total Vassal coverage. This hopefully can temper this a little bit on other boards. Given over half of the 3rd edition can be played via Vassal, this should help for the moment.

Thanks Alan,

This is just what I was looking for. Looks like with the 1st or 2nd edition counter mix, 19 of the 35 scenarios in 3rd edition are still playable (i.e. the pieces borrowed from Elsenborn Ridge, Battle of the Bulge, 1940 and Edelweiss are identical to those contained in the original 165).

Larry, even though I don't usually play PG, I was quite excited when I saw Mike had posted Andrew's new module, and hence (perhaps too enthusiastically) sounded the news on CSW and BGG. I was very disappointed when someone on BGG turned this prize around and began attacking Mike/APL for making available a module that can't be played (at all, is the implication) with the product it appears linked with on the APL site.

I will also ask Mike to revise the language on the module page, to indicate it is usable for 19 of the 35 3rd edition scenarios, as well as with the originals from 1st and 2nd edition (who knows, he might even do it! Big Grin).

-Jim

Messages In This Thread
Comparing Airborne 1st, 2nd and 3rd - by stear - 09-14-2013, 09:13 AM
RE: Comparing Airborne 1st, 2nd and 3rd - by stear - 09-15-2013, 02:16 AM
RE: Comparing Airborne 1st, 2nd and 3rd - by Shad - 09-15-2013, 02:55 AM