Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portee' Units
09-01-2013, 03:49 AM,
Portee' Units
Lately I've become puzzled by portee' units in my Desert War games. In the scenario book it states that they are treated as a truck for combat purposes. That's understood in regards to AT fire as trucks have a -1 armor value. In the case of direct fire I'm confused as to whether they get a +1 to hit if they are AT or AA portee's; or +2 if an artillery piece. They are mobile so I figure they could be less vulnerable. Also with bombardment fire do they get a +1 to hit for being AT/AA or artillery and/or +1 for being transported by truck, which could give a +2 modifier if it is counted as a truck transported and a wpn unit. I have always just allowed at total of +1 against it for direct or bombardment because of it's mobility. I'm not losing sleep over this rule but perhaps someone could explain how best to treat this unit. If they are treated as absolutely trucks only in the case of direct or bombardment fire then my guess is that there would be no modifier at all. The rule also states that they are mounted on the truck as opposed to transported.

Messages In This Thread
Portee' Units - by nebelwurfer9 - 09-01-2013, 03:49 AM
RE: Portee' Units - by enrique - 09-01-2013, 05:20 AM
RE: Portee' Units - by nebelwurfer9 - 09-01-2013, 05:38 AM