Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still learning after all these years...
09-02-2013, 12:00 AM,
RE: Still learning after all these years...
(09-01-2013, 11:45 PM)campsawyer Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 11:13 PM)nebelwurfer9 Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 08:37 AM)Shad Wrote:
(08-31-2013, 05:11 AM)nebelwurfer9 Wrote: mentioned in the 2nd edition rules

Please don't use those.

I am incorporating the annotated rules more and more each play. Hill assaults have become more interesting since. If I understand it correctly now, a dug-in defender on a higher level hill gets a +1 modifier along with first fire on the first round if all attackers come from a lower level hill but in the following rounds the first fire advantage is forfeited. I hope this is correct. There is a lot to adjust to but play has become a lot more enjoyable since using the 3rd edition annotated rules.

Oops, not sure how that one came in. As Matt W. pointed out first fire is for ANY dugin unit, regardless of elevation. The +1 assault mod for elevation only applies to the first round of combat. Also the mod is not dependent on dug in status any unit can receive this.

I have placed a note in the clarification for now. I will need to check to see if this was in the old players guide or was added a later.

It's no big hassle but seemed odd. I wasn't aware of the +1 hill modifier on the assault table until I went to the AP site and found a 3rd edition assault table. This month I am getting Eastern Front Deluxe edition which should have those tables in them. Unfortunatley I don't have a printer where I'm located but maybe in the future, annotated direct fire, bombardment and assault tables could be listed here along with the rules.

Messages In This Thread
Still learning after all these years... - by Shad - 08-28-2013, 07:49 PM
RE: Still learning after all these years... - by nebelwurfer9 - 09-02-2013, 12:00 AM