Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I am Insane and My Wife is Insanely Angry!
08-04-2013, 04:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013, 04:08 PM by Clupper21.)
I am Insane and My Wife is Insanely Angry!
So here's what's come in the mail the past few weeks:

PG: Eastern Front Deluxe
B-17 Queen of the Skies
Superfortress (game, like B-17 QOTS)
Combat Commander Europe
ASLSK 3

Preliminary reactions after rule book read-throughs:

PG: EFD. Wow. Easy to understand rules. Wonderful graphics. Can't wait to play.

B-17 / Superfortress. Far more wonky than PG:EFD, but a fun mind-trip awaits if I can find a dark corner, a bright 20-watt lamp, a leather flying helmet, and turn the AC full blast while listening to Wright Cyclone sounds on my Ipod.

CC:E. Can't make heads or tails of the rules, written in a distinctive ADHD style with my favorite item -- different words and terms for what seem to be the same things! Fate cards, order cards, action cards, card cards -- they're all the same damn cards! Graphics distinctly less cool than PG:EFD, closer to ASLSK. Can wait to play. (Of course, it's possible that the rules may just have been read in a distinctive ADHD style, but there it is -- a praying mantis on the windowsill! And am I due for a 3K oil change? But I digress, which rhymes with tigress . . .)

ASLSK3 -- "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore." Somehow I think Herman Kahn and RAND had something to do with these rules. I haven't felt this dumb in a long long time. I want to learn this game just to say I did it, but will probably have to settle for it being put in my coffin in case there's time later.

Messages In This Thread
I am Insane and My Wife is Insanely Angry! - by Clupper21 - 08-04-2013, 04:07 PM