Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG Campaigns & Commanders - Played them? Like them?
06-18-2012, 09:14 AM,
PG Campaigns & Commanders - Played them? Like them?
Avalanche has offered an operational level for adding another dimension to PG with its campaigns for Cassino '44, and the Campaigns & Commanders supplement books War in the East (Vol. 1) and The King's Officers (Vol. 2).

Have you tried any of these campaigns? Why or why not?
Have you tried using any of the Leader Character rules in them?
How have you liked/disliked them?

[I have The King's Officers, and I find its "War in the Hedgerows: Operation Epsom" campaign really adds a lot to PG Beyond Normandy. For one thing, the play seems far more fluid and less "canned" than the original game scenarios. And this is just the ticket for those who hate PGBN because the scenarios seem so impossible for the British player. The OOBs and setups are plausibly historical, yet there's really a feeling that anything can happen. Leader characters are fun because I start caring about the individual counters and how they perform. Plus, a truly heroic skilled leader can turn the tide at a critical spot in a battle. Finally, the supplement book contains special rules that bring PGBN into the 3rd Edition era and clarify/simplify some of the ones that PGBN shipped with. One example: There's no more formation morale rules, just one level for the entire side.]

Messages In This Thread
PG Campaigns & Commanders - Played them? Like them? - by broadsword - 06-18-2012, 09:14 AM