Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Fog of War] - Large Scenarios
05-22-2013, 12:44 PM,
RE: [Fog of War] - Large Scenarios
I will be honest, I am not seeing the need for a change. FoW is suppose to be a variable to the length of the turn. It is an optional rule and if you think it doesn't work for large scenarios, don't use it. It seems by the postings everyone wants to use it but does not want to be burned by it, but that is not what it is suppose to be. It is a fate and it will hit you at anytime which sounds like real life to me. With more units to more there is a good chance that they won't activate, but that is reality of trying to move large groups, they never do what you want them to do.

I think a better use of though is how can strategies be developed to overcome this, not change the rules. After playing a few large games these are some of the ideas to help minimize the activations of unit and but get the most out of the units. First, small key groups of units. Never have more units strung out that require for that 2-3 activations to move together. Use leader chaining to the maximum to accomplish this as well as don't let the units get out of command. Second, realize some units will not move. Find a position that they can do the maximum amount of work for the there capabilities. The lowly German 75mm IG is a good example. Given its firepower it is not going to do much damage, but it's range is useful to push demoralized units out of the way. Third, don't worry about rallying all units. With large games there will be plenty of reserves. Let these guys sit as long as they are safely out of range. If you do some of these ideas you can cut the amount of activations per turn and hence reduce the chances of FoW and still get enough units moving to win. Is this guaranteed, no, but that is FoW.

Messages In This Thread
[Fog of War] - Large Scenarios - by Hugmenot - 05-22-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: [Fog of War] - Large Scenarios - by Hugmenot - 05-22-2013, 07:28 AM
RE: [Fog of War] - Large Scenarios - by Shad - 05-22-2013, 10:40 AM
RE: [Fog of War] - Large Scenarios - by campsawyer - 05-22-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: [Fog of War] - Large Scenarios - by Hugmenot - 05-22-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: [Fog of War] - Large Scenarios - by Hugmenot - 05-23-2013, 12:12 AM
RE: [Fog of War] - Large Scenarios - by Hugmenot - 05-23-2013, 04:07 AM
RE: [Fog of War] - Large Scenarios - by Matt W - 05-22-2013, 11:35 PM