Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[House Rules] No spotting with Trucks ? (PG BoB, Scenario 2,Holtzhum I)
04-20-2013, 12:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2013, 12:23 AM by daxelos.)
No spotting with Trucks ? (PG BoB, Scenario 2,Holtzhum I)
Hello

I am quite new to Panzer Grenadier and have a question.
I am currently playing the Holtzhum I scenario from PG Battle of the Bulge (scenario 2).

The Scenario Rules state that the Americans may not move until a German unit is spotted. The only exception are some reinforcements that enter on turn 3 loaded on trucks. These reinforcements my move on turn 3 and 4 (only) and then only again when a German unit is spotted.

I think a nice approach for the Germans would be to close to the objective city through some light and deep Woods, only being spotted in the last moment.
BUT as the scenario is written, the American side can use its reinforcements as scouts, not reinforcing but driving foreword to meet and spot the approaching Germans. This would totally change the basic the scenario outlook, but would be fair enough IF at least the Americans would have to use combat units not trucks for such a tactic.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Daniel.

PS I hope my description makes any kind of sense, as I said I am quite new to PG....Smile.

Messages In This Thread
No spotting with Trucks ? (PG BoB, Scenario 2,Holtzhum I) - by daxelos - 04-20-2013, 12:21 AM