Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[War on the Equator] Boy do the Ecuadorans stink!
06-09-2012, 01:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2012, 05:32 AM by J6A.)
[War on the Equator] Boy do the Ecuadorans stink!
That is all. Smile

Okay, maybe not. I'm playing scenario 2, and the Ecuadorans seem to run at the first sound of gunfire. Now, it hasn't helped that the Peruvians keep passing morale checks when they have to roll 7 or less, and I don't see how the Ecuadorans can effectively resist (which, of course, mirrors history). Not to mention they are outnumbered and their reinforcements were late in arriving (a bunch of 2-1 units with 2 MP).

The one "downside" for the Peruvians is that they only have 1 tank leader. Therefore they really can't do combined tank/infantry assaults without some of the armor being left high and dry. Of course, I'm not sure they are going to need to do assaults. The Peruvians ran a bunch of units up to the forward town on board 18, and started doing direct fire. The first couple of shots demoralized the Ecuadorans, the next batch started taking step losses to compound demoralization, and now the town is surrounded so there's nowhere to run.

I'm going to finish this scenario (I'm only on turn 7 of 18) and probably play 1 more before moving on to KSF. I don't have room on my table for the 6 mapper so probably scenario 4 is next.

This shouldn't dissuade anyone from playing WotE. Just recognize that if you're playing the Ecuadorans, you might want to consider playing the scenario twice and switching sides. Smile

Messages In This Thread
[War on the Equator] Boy do the Ecuadorans stink! - by J6A - 06-09-2012, 01:12 AM
RE: Boy do the Ecuadorans stink! - by larry marak - 06-09-2012, 05:54 AM
RE: Boy do the Ecuadorans stink! - by J6A - 06-09-2012, 08:30 AM