Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Minor Upgrade] Toggle Designer Self Ratings
10-30-2012, 02:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012, 02:58 PM by Shad.)
RE: [Minor Upgrade] Toggle Designer Self Ratings
(10-30-2012, 02:33 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: One more question! So if I rank a scenario not by me I mark include scenario rating button and if I rank one I designed I hit exclude scenario rating? So need to pay attention on my profile each time a rank a scenario to see which button is is marked?

No big deal, just asking. I think a non-rank sellection would have been easier, example: 1,2,3,4,5, N/A.

You're still not grasping the functionality, so I will attempt to use an elaborate metaphor:

Imagine you have a vegetarian wife, I mean a full-on meat-is-murder-you-sick-bastard Vengeful Vegetarian wife. She only buys vegan-friendly stuff like tofu, granola, etc.

Your pantry has 2 doors that open outward, one on the left and one on the right.

Your crazy vege-nazi wife doesn't even want your disgusting meat-based products NEAR her veggie stuff, so she crams it all behind the right-side pantry door. Your stuff is on the left, the "dirty side" by her definition.

Now, when a friend comes to your house and says "let's have a snack, what's in the pantry?" you have a choice. You can:
  • A - throw open both doors and let him survey the entire pantry
  • B - throw open only one door and let him survey half the contents, doesn't matter which half but only half
On your profile, if you choose include then you are "throwing open both doors." If you choose exclude then you are throwing open "one door".

The contents of the pantry (your ratings) never change. You buy new stuff and stick it in there, your wife buys new stuff and sticks it in there. You rate scenarios, I rate scenarios. It all goes in just the same as before.

The only thing we've changed is adding doors to the pantry to hide certain items.

Hopefully my elaborate vege-nazi wife metaphor will help you understand, it certainly was fun to type. Big Grin

(10-30-2012, 02:33 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: One more question! So if I rank a scenario not by me I mark include scenario rating button and if I rank one I designed I hit exclude scenario rating? So need to pay attention on my profile each time a rank a scenario to see which button is is marked?

To answer this directly: the include/exclude button on your profile has absolutely nothing to do with you playing a scenario and rating it. They are wholly separate functions that do not rely on each other. Include/exclude only affects what you see, it does not affect what is. I'm not sure how else to phrase that.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Minor Upgrade] Toggle Designer Self Ratings - by Shad - 10-30-2012, 02:51 PM