Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Strange Bombardment 'Benefit'
09-17-2012, 04:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2012, 04:23 PM by vince hughes.)
A Strange Bombardment 'Benefit'
Sometimes, in the more extreme desperate cases. There comes a time when you need to bombard a hex that contains your very own troops as well as the enemy.

Whilst playing Tony Langston yesterday, a strange modifier had to be applied that I have never considered before. probably because I must always have used OBA in such cases previously.

Anyway, point was, some on-board mortars were being used to bombard an assault hex. They had sight to the hex and received the +1 for bombarding the enemy (self-spotted) and then of course, I had to add that to the column to bombard my own troops too in the seperate dice roll used for such cases..

Seemed wierd having sight to the hex and yet enhancing my own shot against my own men. Two ways to look at it. I guess:

Better sight to the hex as a whole rather than individual unit detail so that justifies the +1 for general aim against them all OR

against that reasoning could be

As they can see the hex, they should be able to discern friend from foe better ?

Messages In This Thread
A Strange Bombardment 'Benefit' - by vince hughes - 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM
RE: A Strange Bombardment 'Benefit' - by Hugmenot - 09-18-2012, 07:14 AM