Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GWAS Russo Japanese War AAR - A Fortunate Catch - Battle Scenario 1
12-31-2023, 05:05 AM,
RE: GWAS Russo Japanese War AAR - A Fortunate Catch - Battle Scenario 1
(12-30-2023, 02:23 PM)Tony M Wrote: A bigger map? Oh well. I appreciate the effort, but a small footprint is essential for me. My game table these days measures just 32" by 21", so big maps are out for me.

But I hope a forum for the Avalanche naval games is added here. I will happily enjoy them vicariously through the AARs posted by others. PG-HQ is a good, friendly community. Through the forum, the PG AARs and personal emails from members my enjoyment of PG has been multiplied many times.

One reason the naval games appeal to me is the top-down view of the ships. I like rolling one die for each gun and then recording the damage results. To me this is a simple way to run quick naval battles, especially solitaire.

Well. I am not APL so this would not be for the printed game. I am the guy that does the VASSAL modules so this would only be on the computer and only as an optional feature. Your actual desk only needs to be big enough to hold your monitor. I cannot play the physical games at all so I have to get them onto the computer where I can play anyone, anytime. I can zoom in and out. I can keep the game up till I die if I like and have miy kids play it out for me later. No cat jumping on it or dust on the counters.

I have been working on the modules for the last year, but I am also working on a site which should have the AARs and all that for GWAS and SWWAS. However with all the module work, there hasn't been much work on the site. It is at https://www.was-fc.com

We have some AARs there but there is not a real community based around it yet although I hope to get that going. 

If you want to connect some time I can happily do a Skype screen share and show you how this all works. I love the top down ship views too and always have.
ACav, Reconquista, Tubac52 And 9 others like this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).

Messages In This Thread
RE: GWAS Russo Japanese War AAR - A Fortunate Catch - Battle Scenario 1 - by goosebrown - 12-31-2023, 05:05 AM