Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Action Phase - is this sequence correct?
08-04-2023, 11:02 AM,
Action Phase - is this sequence correct?
If someone would be kind enough to let me know if I am playing action phases correctly I would be very grateful.

------------------

Eastern Front

Scenario 61 [Odessa: Hill 101]

It's game turn 1. The Romanians are assaulting the Soviet line. The Romanians have the initiative and will get two Action Phases before the Soviets get one. Visibility is one hex.

A Romanian captain is stacked with 2 infantry platoons and 1 engineer platoon. He activates these 3 platoons plus himself.

One infantry platoon moves forward and winds up in front of a Soviet hex that contains 2 rifle platoons.

The engineer platoon moves forward and stacks with the infantry platoon in front of the Soviet-occupied hex mentioned above.

The Romanian captain and the last Romanian infantry platoon move forward and stack with the other two Romanian platoons.

The 2 Soviet rifle platoons realize that something is going on to their front, and opportunity fire at the Romanian captain and the rifle platoon he moved forward with. The result is a morale check for the rifle platoon and the captain. the captain passes, but the rifle platoon winds up demoralized. The other 2 Romanian units in the hex are not impacted. But because they moved they can do nothing else in game turn 1. The whole Romanian stack gets a Moved/Fired marker. The Soviet stack gets 2 Moved/Fired markers. If they take another Op Fire, they remove one.

This completes the Romanian player's first action. He then activates a different stack.

When he finishes the Soviet player takes his 1 action of game turn 1.

Messages In This Thread
Action Phase - is this sequence correct? - by Tony M - 08-04-2023, 11:02 AM