Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making DYO components - Supplies
09-11-2012, 07:16 AM,
RE: Making DYO components - Supplies
I also like the glossy photo paper!

Below are my comments from a while ago, when I use to make my own counters:

When I use to make counters this is how I did mine: first I copy them from the web-site on to photo paper, then I glue both front and back sides of the counters to a 110 lbs card stock copy paper, with a Permanent Glue Stick by Avery, then I glue both backsides of the card stock together, clip the counters and there you go. I have started to get better with it each time I do it.

The finished counter then consist of a photo paper front, two card stock middles, a photo paper back and all together they are just about the same size as a normal counter.

I buy all three materials; photo paper, card stock paper & glue from any local gocery store. So far, all my counters have held up, the oldest being about three years old. I think clipping the corners at the end of the process really helps to seal them together.

I don't plan on doing anymore homemade counters however. The last ones I did were for my own game design Nihon Silk. I am always happy with the results but just not the time it takes to do them.

Messages In This Thread
Making DYO components - Supplies - by zovs - 09-09-2012, 12:04 AM
RE: Making DYO components - Supplies - by zovs - 09-09-2012, 12:57 PM
RE: Making DYO components - Supplies - by JayTownsend - 09-11-2012, 07:16 AM