Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarifying Column Modifiers.....
11-23-2022, 12:36 PM,
RE: Clarifying Column Modifiers.....
For what it's worth, this is an interesting dilemma and good one to try to understand. I'm not much of  a rules lawyer, but this rule's author's use of the word "final' seems to me to be open to competing interpretation.

My reading of this -- admittedly poorly written -- rule 10.3, has always been that the maximum increase of +3 and the decrease of -2 was written in stone as is indicated in the direct fire example provided with the rule. In other words, the excess in either direction caused by other factors should just be dropped if these numbers exceed the compulsory +3 and -2 guideline.

IMHO, the Direct Fire Chart wording about column modifiers underlines this interpretation. Here's what that says: "Column Modifiers All are cumulative, subject to maximum final modifications of -2 and +3 (10.3)." To me, it is the +3 and -2 brackets that are the FINAL result that governs this question. The -3 modifier in your example would just be decreased to a -2 to fit with the bracket and be the final modification.
Tankodactyl, Tubac52, cochise75 And 11 others like this post

Messages In This Thread
Clarifying Column Modifiers..... - by cjsiam - 11-23-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: Clarifying Column Modifiers..... - by Tambu - 11-23-2022, 12:36 PM
RE: Clarifying Column Modifiers..... - by cjsiam - 11-23-2022, 03:20 PM
RE: Clarifying Column Modifiers..... - by cjsiam - 11-24-2022, 10:48 AM