Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dismounting Motorcycle Troops in Assault
05-22-2022, 06:02 AM,
RE: Dismounting Motorcycle Troops in Assault
(05-19-2022, 04:34 PM)cjsiam Wrote: But one would think that MTC troops would be off their motorcycles while in Assault....
I think I agree here more than not. It see a doctrinal, situational, practicality and human nature dichotomy happening. So I wouldn't declare they they are mounted, dismounted or some where in between.
(05-19-2022, 04:34 PM)cjsiam Wrote: And, in a larger sense, if MTC troops can dismount in Africa--should they not be able to do so in all theaters?
Bicycles, Cavalry.....all should be dismountable ....without remount privileges....
I agree here, added that provision to my rules rewrite long ago and have made all motorcycle pieces in the Vassal extensions dismountable. That said, dead-tree games complicate the issue. Many motorcycle, bicycle and cavalry counters do not have a direct replacement. That means more counters are needed. More of one counter means fewer another. A problem that isn't in Vassal.

Anyway, the issue is the rules you agree to play by at the start of your game. If you are playing by the 4th edition rules and the FaoF game special rules, and have made no agreed modifications on the on the subject, the motorcycles cannot dismount.
treadasaurusrex and cjsiam like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dismounting Motorcycle Troops in Assault - by plloyd1010 - 05-22-2022, 06:02 AM