Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking back from a Designer's view:
04-16-2022, 01:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2022, 01:35 AM by JayTownsend.)
RE: Looking back from a Designer's view:
The Falkland is very doable. LnL did a game called Heroes of the Falklands with 13 scenarios and added a supplement called A Feat of Arms, with 12 more scenarios. I used to own these, they were good but a lot of rules and unless you played this series all the time, you would have to go back and reread 70 pages of base rules and then another 12 pages of the module rules, so I sold them, as I knew I didn't have time for another system, especially this detailed but I enjoyed playing it once or twice. 25 scenarios with large counter the extra-large maps was fun. Maybe I shouldn't have sold it but if took up too much space.  

So yes, a modern PG on the Falklands could be done, if someone wanted to take the time to design it.

If AP wasn't so far behind, I might have tempted it myself, with an actual Argentine amphibious landing like LnL did.

Of course, with all this said, it is a different scale but you could still make it work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking back from a Designer's view: - by JayTownsend - 04-16-2022, 01:13 AM