Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Multiple Assaults in one hex
07-31-2021, 10:47 AM,
Multiple Assaults in one hex
I have not been doing this thus far, but wonder if I am missing out on a possible option within an assault hex after rereading the optional combat rules. 

Without adding in the complications of new units entering a hex, lets say each side has 3x INF and 3x LT present in the hex. 

Can I, as the attacker, take 1x INF and 1x LT, decide to attack with that alone and not the rest, resolve assault combat vs 3x INF + 3x LT of the defenders... 

and then on the next activation do the same with the second INF and LT, resolving assault combat against the full host of defenders, 

and then on the next activation do the same with the third set?

The rules say each can assault or may decline to join the assault, but doesnt explicitly say whether they must do it together or not, or if declining to join the first assault removes their ability to create or join another. 

Why does this even matter? After playing Guadalcanal, Arctic Front, and now starting Jungle Fighting, assualting with morale 9 Finns/Japanese with a leader is already extremely powerful. spreading out attacks with that +3 assault modifier from all this makes it even more absurd (frankly it seems pretty broken to begin with while i was forcing it all into one attack, and i use the term "broken" very rarely). 

Of course with base morale 9 you are soaking off most of the combat results without flinching so the extra defender fire is usually of little consequence.
Juiceman likes this post

Messages In This Thread
Multiple Assaults in one hex - by triangular_cube - 07-31-2021, 10:47 AM
RE: Multiple Assaults in one hex - by leonard - 07-31-2021, 07:45 PM
RE: Multiple Assaults in one hex - by plloyd1010 - 07-31-2021, 10:39 PM
RE: Multiple Assaults in one hex - by saracv3 - 08-01-2021, 01:40 PM
RE: Multiple Assaults in one hex - by saracv3 - 08-01-2021, 12:51 PM
RE: Multiple Assaults in one hex - by Juiceman - 08-01-2021, 01:38 PM
RE: Multiple Assaults in one hex - by saracv3 - 08-01-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Multiple Assaults in one hex - by Blackcloud6 - 09-05-2021, 01:46 AM