Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13.0 Do Mortars Get a +1 Shift on OP Fire?
12-21-2020, 01:38 PM,
RE: 13.0 Do Mortars Get a +1 Shift on OP Fire?
(12-21-2020, 06:55 AM)Juiceman Wrote: Did not mean to insinuate in my first post that there was a rule or modifier on the Bombardment Table for +1 Op Fire for mortars, thought the question was interesting and worth merit about adding to it, that is all I was trying to express.  The term I should have included was house rule.

No. You said you thought there should be, which includes the understanding of no rule now. A House Rule suggestion would have been a good way to put it.

The concept of being attacked by bombardment fire has been addressed 3 times in the rules system, mortars conducting opportunity fire has been addressed twice. None of those times have had bombardment opportunity fire getting a +1 against personnel units. So rules history is against the concept. I'll also point out that a second +1 has now doubled the strength of the mortars, something else to give one pause.

Accounts by mortar and infantry men very much give the impression that mortars do not track targets very well. (It probably has something to do with those 2 screws and a "winging it" calculation.) Light mortars might get away with it.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
RE: 13.0 Do Mortars Get a +1 Shift on OP Fire? - by plloyd1010 - 12-21-2020, 01:38 PM