Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Edition DF chart - Opportunity Fire question
04-08-2020, 01:22 AM,
4th Edition DF chart - Opportunity Fire question
Hi all,

I have been playing PG for about 8 years now (3rd and 4th edition) and came across a question on Opportunity fire that i never thought of (or noticed for that matter) after looking at the chart.  Namely,  if you look at the 4th edition charts, the +1 for opportunity fire on the DF chart indicates +1 Opportunity Fire (13.0) vs. personnel unit.   Looking at the definitions section in the rules (1.2),  there are examples of Personnel units and it states Anti-Tank Rifle units but not AT guns, etc.

The situation we came across was that a German 37mm AT gun on a wagon with a LT was moving and fired on by INF units.   At the time, we couldn't determine the rule so we allowed the +1 for the opportunity fire (as well as the +1 for the target is an AT gun, etc) - didn't change the overall result but looking at it now, I don't think we should have applied that +1. 

Thinking back, we may have applied this modifier in a few games that may have changed a result... Smile

Messages In This Thread
4th Edition DF chart - Opportunity Fire question - by tlangston28 - 04-08-2020, 01:22 AM