Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Dunkirk (pre-played)
02-08-2019, 01:02 AM,
Thoughts on Dunkirk (pre-played)
Some good, some bad:
  • The boards are nice, much like the Lib'44 boards, but brighter.. The color is a bit odd, especially with the water, but nothing really weird.
  • The counter sett seems a little dense for 2 sheets. It is an interesting mix. I was a little surprised (but shouldn't have been) by the appearance of British Hotchkiss AT guns. The British AT gun layout looks better.
  • APL has gotten reduction stripes off of most of the pieces that shouldn't have them. I had pointed it out in proofings before, it seems someone is starting to notice. (If I had been a proofer on these I would have caught it again.)
  • There are 3 unspecified forces, not defined in the scenario book. Those are the Brandenburg commandos, Royal Marines, and some other blue guys (French marines?).
  • The aircraft counters are getting visually busier. Some people like it, I happen to not. It isn't excessive though. The aircraft mix for the British is a little disappointing. Then again, there wasn't a very diverse inventory to choose from.
  • Come guys, the backs of those casements? I am definitely remaking mine.

Generally a nice set. A few quirks, but looks fun. Will be playing soon.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on Dunkirk (pre-played) - by plloyd1010 - 02-08-2019, 01:02 AM
RE: Thoughts on Dunkirk (pre-played) - by patman - 02-08-2019, 01:44 PM
RE: Thoughts on Dunkirk (pre-played) - by patman - 02-08-2019, 05:56 PM
RE: Thoughts on Dunkirk (pre-played) - by patman - 02-09-2019, 03:36 AM
RE: Thoughts on Dunkirk (pre-played) - by leonard - 02-23-2019, 06:38 PM
RE: Thoughts on Dunkirk (pre-played) - by leonard - 03-04-2019, 07:43 AM
RE: Thoughts on Dunkirk (pre-played) - by leonard - 03-04-2019, 07:54 AM
RE: Thoughts on Dunkirk (pre-played) - by petermc - 03-14-2019, 05:10 AM