Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Buy Advice for a New Player
10-22-2018, 06:05 AM,
RE: First Buy Advice for a New Player
(10-22-2018, 05:19 AM)saracv3 Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 06:41 AM)Coniglius Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 10:20 AM)DasReich Wrote: Thank you guys for the breakdown, that's exactly what I was looking for in terms of "number of small scenarios".

Now I know that Elsenborn Ridge is highly regarded as a starter, but the subject just doesn't interest me as much as say Kursk, Broken Axis or Liberation. So unless I find it pretty cheap, I've all but ruled it out, and as for Broken Axis, its a shame there aren't many smaller scenarios and that it has tougher terrain. In light of those two concerns, I'd probably have to rule that one out too. I'm still not totally ruling out Road to Berlin though, because I am a solo player, so balance isn't huge, it's the most interesting to me, and I have a copy of the 4th Edition rules from the demo. So if I find a cheap copy I may spring for it, but perhaps as a second game. This leaves Liberation and the Kursk: South Flank. Kursk is more expensive, so can anyone speak to the difficulty of the terrain in Liberation? If there's lots of LOS intricacie s, I may wait until further down the line to get it.

We've got a PX forum here as well where you might find some good deals on second hand copies from our members. It might be worth your while to take a look. Prices are generally on the lower side, and many of us have already trimmed the corners off of the counters.
I've got several second copies of titles that I haven't gotten around to offering yet, including Road to Berlin, and I'm sure others have copies that won't take much in the way of persuading to get them to sell. 

Maybe a bit late to this discussion, but with a name like DasReich, I'm assuming you might be interested in 2nd SS history. Kursk:South Flank is 100% 2nd SS scenarios. It deals with the attack at Kursk of the 2nd SS Corps; one plays with all those wonderful SS Divisions: Reich, Death's Head and Lifeguard. They all have good morale, too. 8/7.

I am indeed quite interested in the combat histories of the SS Panzer divisions (lots of big battles and controversy surrounding them), so while I didn't go with that one as my first, if I like the system, I'll definitely be acquiring it at some point. Thank you for the input.

Messages In This Thread
First Buy Advice for a New Player - by DasReich - 10-12-2018, 02:15 AM
RE: First Buy Advice for a New Player - by DasReich - 10-22-2018, 06:05 AM