Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counter Value Changes & Scenario Balance
06-02-2018, 06:54 AM,
Counter Value Changes & Scenario Balance
Hi All,

Very new to PG and still trying to get up to speed on the system in general.  I've finished my first read thru of the rules and was sitting down to put Eastern Front's first scenario "A Rotten Morning" on the table.  I reviewed the scenario info captured in PG-HQ and noticed there was a number of errata of which the first one provided a correction to the printed scenario which answered a question I had regarding which map boards were supposed to be used.  There are also a number of changes to counter values, e.g. Soviet HMG team had an original direct fire value of 7-4, but has been changed to 4-4 as of the Kursk: Burning Tigers release.  If these new counter values are to be used, how do those changes affect game balance for the particular scenario?  Should I play with the counter values as published in Eastern Front?  Or should I use the "errata" values?  I'm guessing AP didn't go back and retest/re-balance all the scenarios when they updated the direct fire values on specific counters.  So it seems it might be better to play with the counter values as published?  Then again I noticed the recorded wins for many scenarios seem to be very lopsided to one side or another.  Is there a reason why AP didn't try to make the scenarios balanced thereby providing each side an equal opportunity to win?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide a PG recruit.

Nick

Messages In This Thread
Counter Value Changes & Scenario Balance - by nick.rusch - 06-02-2018, 06:54 AM