Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maps for Fall of Empires & Lawrence of Arabia
04-13-2018, 09:54 AM,
Maps for Fall of Empires & Lawrence of Arabia
I'm reading the latest Gold Club update and I was struck by this:

Quote:The bottleneck for both Fall of Empires and Lawrence of Arabia has been map art – an enormous amount of map art. Fourteen maps’ worth. So we’re going to work around that:

Fall of Empires and Fire in the Steppe take place in the same region; some of the scenarios take place over the same ground. We’re going to re-print six Fire in the Steppe maps for Fall of Empires, and that will be the map set. The maps are so similar that it was already a foolish notion to make new ones.

Lawrence of Arabia and Sword of Israel also take place in the same region, with some scenarios taking place over the same ground.

How can the scenarios for these two games possibly have been playtested if the maps weren't yet ready? It seems like they either playtested them on a completely different set of maps than what they'll release with, or they haven't actually played any of the scenarios.

I understand the economics of not creating new maps, but these games have been in progress for years and I just don't see how they can now switch out the maps.

Messages In This Thread
Maps for Fall of Empires & Lawrence of Arabia - by joe_oppenheimer - 04-13-2018, 09:54 AM