Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
10-21-2012, 12:22 AM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
Hello, board!

My name is Dean Petters. I'm approaching my 48th birthday and have just passed my 17th anniversary. Two kids: our son just started high school and our daughter is in 5th grade.

I'm a 5th generation Floridian, now transplanted to North-East Ohio. Growing up, my family was very military oriented. My dad served in the national guard for over 3 decades and instilled in his six kids a deep respect for the military. All six of us are commissioned officers, although only my lone sister is currently serving. I am an aerospace propulsion engineer by trade, starting my career in the USAF and for the last 13 years at NASA.

My current interest started with the old computer game Panzer General (or as SWMBO deemed it, panzyass general). It is still one of my favorites and I revisit it often. I have been "into" hex-n-counter wargames only a very short time (5 years or so), but dabbled in them as far back as the 70s (my brother had Ogre, Star Fleet battles and a couple others). The first game I bought was Airborne-IE, mainly because the rules were simple to grasp and the game lent itself to solo play.

My other interests include amateur astronomy (own two telescopes), model railroading and often read history (focusing mainly on the ACW and WWII). All these activities, however, take a back seat to our kids... watching and helping them grow has been the most enjoyable past-time I've experienced!

Messages In This Thread
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by Dean_P - 10-21-2012, 12:22 AM