Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
08-01-2012, 02:39 AM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
My name is Phil Jose and I'm 54 years old. I live in Florissant, MO, a suburb of St. Louis. After a brief stint in aviation I currently earn my keep at a window factory. I've been married 25 terrific years to my lovely wife Laura.

I've always been interested in history. A good history book or biography has always been some of my favorite reading material.

Over the years, I've often found myself interacting with the past. For about ten years I was an historic reenactor, focusing on the F&I era. During that time I wrote a series of web-based articles on how to get started in reenacting. Shortly before the Lewis and Clark bicentennial I had the honor of leading a local historic preservation group that helped restore the Fort Bellefontaine site. (It was the site of the expedition's very first and last night on the river as well as the first American military fort west of the Mississippi.)

I got interested in wargames durning high school and right after. In those pre-web days it was harder to find likeminded people, so I eventually lost interest.

Then this past January I walked into my local game store with some Christmas money. I found Eastern Front there and picked it up. My first reaction while playing some homemade training drills was "Where've you been all my life?!" I found PG-HQ while playing my very first scenario. Frankly, I'm as happy about finding the PG-HQ community as I am about the game itself.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread! - by PaperTiger - 08-01-2012, 02:39 AM
So I'll jump off the bridge too. - by plloyd1010 - 09-09-2012, 02:00 PM