Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Method for interpolating combat values
05-23-2017, 10:07 AM,
RE: Simple Method for interpolating combat values
Of course one can use this (or not use this) how ever on likes, so one can say use it just for bombardment. I do not treat it as a shift so it does not limit the +3 shift in that regard. I haven't really played the same scenario with and without this so I do not have any sense of how bloody it makes the game. However, I find that the losses seem to be pretty much in line with what one might expect based on the thresholds for loosing initiative. The main effect is that how one plays the game in that one no longer has to worry about getting that last combat factor to get the next level on the CR table. So it seems to affect game play more than game results, but it does affect both. I do not that it adds more uncertainty in that one a 4 CF factor for direct fire can become a 5 (with 50% probability), add for a 1 hex OP Fire shot can become an 18. So it makes 4's more of a threat and one needs to be all the more cautious against running up against a 4 than without using this..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Method for interpolating combat values - by RLW - 05-23-2017, 10:07 AM