Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I missing something....
04-26-2017, 10:04 AM,
Am I missing something....
Hi All,

I am one of those guys who can be termed a completionist.  I have most PG Games and supplements either in print or digital form.  I also have SoI, and every supplement for Infantry Attacks made.  Something has been bothering me for a while now and I have to wonder if I am missing something, as I don't own certain supplements but do have later editions of said supplements with all the same scenarios.  
         On the profile page, one has the opportunity to select which game or supplements they own. This is supposed to tell us which scenario's we can or cannot play with other players (dependent on which games they own).  The problem is that a player doesn't get constructive credit for the scenario's he can play in earlier editions of the same title, when he purchased a later edition.  Unless I am missing something:

1) Ownership of Kokoda Trail allows a player to play all scenarios in the Kokoda Campaign, minus the actual Battle or Campaign Games.  Scenario's 1-30 are in a slightly different order and have slightly different naming conventions to tie them to specific battle games but are essentially the same.  If a player owns Kokoda trail he should be able to PBeM, Skype, FaceTime, or if it comes out in Vassal, engage in a game with another player owning Kokoda Campaign.  The reverse should be true as well.

2)  Arctic Front has all ten Lions of Finland Scenarios; though Arctic Front deluxe has only 7 of the 10.

3)  Invasion of Germany has only ten additional scenarios (3,4, and 8-15) not covered in the four previously published supplements (Aachen 1944, Roer River Battles, Siegfried Line, and Westwall.  Every one of the four aforementioned supplements allows the a player to play 10 of the 50 scenario's in Invasion of Germany.  Ownership of all four allows the playing of 40 of the 50 Scenarios.  Conversely, a player owning Invasion of Germany should get credit for ownership of all four of the aforementioned supplements.

Might be missing something.  Without having purchased Lions of Finland, Invasion of Germany, or Kokoda Campaign I may be in error.... However, unless there was significant revision between in those scenarios between the released editions I would think that a player would get credit for being able to play some of the scenarios in earlier or later editions of the same supplement.

Anyone able to provide clarification on the above?

Mike 

Messages In This Thread
Am I missing something.... - by Greyfox - 04-26-2017, 10:04 AM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by Matt W - 04-26-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by Greyfox - 05-06-2017, 08:27 AM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by Shad - 05-07-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by plloyd1010 - 04-26-2017, 11:35 PM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by Greyfox - 05-06-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: Am I missing something.... - by Schoenwulf - 05-07-2017, 12:39 AM