Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Panzer Grenadier system (variant)
04-27-2017, 01:42 AM,
RE: Simple Panzer Grenadier system (variant)
May be I can add a few comments and of a much lesser quality than the above ones (... also due to far from perfect mastership of English). I think that there some of the points made by JasonC are not far from the truth.

To make just an examples, I also feel that HMGs have not enough "stopping" powers. This could be fixed by giving them three opportunity shots rather than two (in infantry attacks they get two and normal infantry only one) and or increasing their oportunity fire shift from +1 to +2. However I also think that they should be more vulnerable than normal infantry units (and I would give them a +1 when fired at by direct fire).
I could continue with additional small twists that in my opinion would add a bit more realism. But there you go they would be just my own ideas and there is the whole comunity playing the official rules!

More in general I think that the description on how the game evolves is 99% per cent is correct but I would not agree that the gaming as it is under the current rules is tedious. As a scenario designer, I can also add that the outcome is very realistic. Reading quite a lot of sources I found out that given: 1) the amount of forces actually involved, 2) the task that was given to the troopos (e.g. gain control of hill xxx and village YYY) and the time span covered by the battles the amount of losses (casualties) is remarkably close to the one described by the sources. This means that a faster and more bloody game would not depict accurately the battles.

Ottavio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Panzer Grenadier system (variant) - by otto - 04-27-2017, 01:42 AM