Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sherman Tank frustration & strategies?
07-04-2012, 03:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2012, 03:12 PM by JayTownsend.)
Sherman Tank frustration & strategies?
Sherman Tank frustration!

I have all types of Sherman tanks: M4, M4/76, M4/105, Crab, Firefly & Jumbo and in American, British, Soviet, Polish, Canadian, New Zealand colors to name a few. But with only a 3 armor protection factor, other than the Jumbo Sherman with a nice 6 factor, I lose them so easily in combat, that in some scenarios they can frustrate me. Sometimes I even let the infantry head to the front in front of my Sherman Tanks to take some of the heat off them against that heavy German armor. Other methods I use are to attack in mass with hordes of Sherman tanks and hope to activate first in the next turn. Crossfire Bonus modifier are nice as well and use of terrain to hide my movement but I would rather defend with Sherman Tanks then attack with them, unless they have some nice friendly tank destroyers alongside them. In the few scenarios with smoke or Iron Curtain scenarios with M26 Pershing tanks to assist, Sherman Tank causalities can be frustrating in victory points. It’s kind of like the Italians with the M13 tanks in later scenarios in 1942-43 or Japanese Type 95 tanks in any time period, as well as Germans tanks in 1941 taking on Soviet KV-1’s. If the scenario victory conditions are written well, most of the time this will not be a problem but sometimes there are those scenarios where those Sherman step losses can be just too much!

What strategies do you guys use with these kind of Sherman situations? How to take on German armor with Sherman Tanks?

Messages In This Thread
Sherman Tank frustration & strategies? - by JayTownsend - 07-04-2012, 03:11 PM