Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Terrain Issues
03-13-2015, 01:05 AM,
Two Terrain Issues
I have two things that have come up that I generally deal with just rolling off for which interpretation but thought I would mention here and see how others handle these things.

First, light wood. Hindrance, can see through 1 but not 2 hexes. No problem. But if you are outside the first light woods hex, looking through an empty light woods hex at a unit in the next light woods hex, is it visible or not. That third hex is a second hex of light woods, so while not being able to see through it, can we see it?

Second, when two or more boards are in play, there is an overlap, and this can mean that the hex content changes depending on which board is on top of the overlap. As I place boards physically on top of each other so that joint hex is the same size as all the others, and keeping with the rules of hex terrain being whatever is covering at least 1/4 of the hex, what happens in something where the board edge is rough terrain on one and open on the other? So far, I have used board number priority, the bigger board number is on top. In one of the Pusan Perimeter games, this was a consideration for one of the rare face-to-face games I have played and we rolled for it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Tom Oxley

Messages In This Thread
Two Terrain Issues - by thomaso827 - 03-13-2015, 01:05 AM
RE: Two Terrain Issues - by Matt W - 03-13-2015, 01:28 AM
RE: Two Terrain Issues - by plloyd1010 - 03-13-2015, 01:37 AM
RE: Two Terrain Issues - by Hugmenot - 03-13-2015, 02:51 AM
RE: Two Terrain Issues - by thomaso827 - 03-13-2015, 04:18 AM