Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I am Insane and My Wife is Insanely Angry!
08-04-2013, 04:11 PM,
RE: I am Insane and My Wife is Insanely Angry!
(08-04-2013, 04:07 PM)Clupper21 Wrote: So here's what's come in the mail the past few weeks:

PG: Eastern Front Deluxe
B-17 Queen of the Skies
Superfortress (game, like B-17 QOTS)
Combat Commander Europe
ASLSK 3

Preliminary reactions after rule book read-throughs:

PG: EFD. Wow. Easy to understand rules. Wonderful graphics. Can't wait to play.

B-17 / Superfortress. Far more wonky than PG:EFD, but a fun mind-trip awaits if I can find a dark corner, a bright 20-watt lamp, a leather flying helmet, and turn the AC full blast while listening to Wright Cyclone sounds on my Ipod.

CC:E. Can't make heads or tails of the rules, written in a distinctive ADHD style with my favorite item -- different words and terms for what seem to be the same things! Fate cards, order cards, action cards, card cards -- they're all the same damn cards! Graphics distinctly less cool than PG:EFD, closer to ASLSK. Can wait to play. (Of course, it's possible that the rules may just have been read in a distinctive ADHD style, but there it is -- a praying mantis on the windowsill! And am I due for a 3K oil change? But I digress, which rhymes with tigress . . .)

ASLSK3 -- "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore." Somehow I think Herman Kahn and RAND had something to do with these rules. I haven't felt this dumb in a long long time. I want to learn this game just to say I did it, but will probably have to settle for it being put in my coffin in case there's time later.

Too funny! You should have stuck with PG games and brought them in from the mail when the wife wasn't looking. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am Insane and My Wife is Insanely Angry! - by JayTownsend - 08-04-2013, 04:11 PM