Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arctic Front Deluxe - Initial Positions
02-22-2013, 01:31 AM,
RE: Arctic Front Deluxe - Initial Positions
Daniel,

Re: The Sausage War

If I recall the "Red" Finns who will be attacking you have a 6/5 morale. Despite the short scenario length I kept my defenders in command control as success would not be to deny them access to the road but to have sufficient counterpuch to get them off the road once you really knew where they were coming.

As the "red" player looking at your setup I would certainly choose to hit one wing of the setup with a small thrust at the center to tie up the "white" Finns who are not in command.

I played a similar type of scenario recently from Saipan (#3 Probing the Marines) and used the command control over the defenders to great advantage. There I made a mess of the probe by not using the Japanese armor to its best advantage but the concept remained the same.

Still, I can't imagine a thoughtful setup that could possibly result in an advantage to the reds sufficient to permit them to gain a victory in this one. With an 80% victory rate for the whites in the database I expect that the other players have found this has been the case.
No "minor" country left behind...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arctic Front Deluxe - Initial Positions - by Matt W - 02-22-2013, 01:31 AM