Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extended Assault in PG (M) v. PG
07-05-2022, 10:38 PM,
RE: Extended Assault in PG (M) v. PG
Treadasaurus and I are almost finished with An Army at Dawn #27 Battle Group Gerhardt we have been using extended assault in the scenario and I think it gave the German an advantage among some built-in advantages already in the scenario.  Also, we both used it in an ahistorical fashion by leading attacks with just halftrack as they could run into a hex of a single infantry platoon and pin them down while the crunchies move up to reinforce. (no knock on my opponent because one should be able to use all the tools the rules give him to win)   In this scenario, the US have a lot of ground to cover and not all the infantry can get AT support, or the weak Halftrack mounted ATGs of the US get dispatched easy, so using the HTs this was makes sense, game-wise, but isn't doctrinally realistic in my view because the HTs are too valuable for mobility in the operational sense beyond the scenario.   I'm not likely to use this optional rue in the future unless there is a compelling historical reason for such, need for balance or the scenario designer invokes it.

Messages In This Thread
Extended Assault in PG (M) v. PG - by Blackcloud6 - 06-13-2022, 04:35 AM
RE: Extended Assault in PG (M) v. PG - by Blackcloud6 - 07-05-2022, 10:38 PM
RE: Extended Assault in PG (M) v. PG - by PzIVF2 - 07-10-2022, 03:07 AM
RE: Extended Assault in PG (M) v. PG - by PzIVF2 - 07-16-2022, 05:21 AM