Poll: Should there be force appropiate counters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Leave the substitutes in, like with printed scenarios.
11.11%
1 11.11%
Make force appropiate counters, do rework as info and time allow.
88.89%
8 88.89%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Represented by a truck (and other substitutions)
01-28-2022, 10:30 PM,
RE: Represented by a truck (and other substitutions)
(01-28-2022, 01:49 PM)triangular_cube Wrote: I do think the wording is confusing people over whether you are talking about adding units to vassal or the library pages though.

The units are added to Vassal, hence the graphics exist. The questions is, should those graphics be used in the library to replace substitute references in the scenario books? Following the example of my second link, should there be 2 German army trucks, or 1 SS truck and 1 luftwaffe truck?

Bush artillery is a little different in that APL eventually provided counters in Desert Rats.

APL also eventually provided downloads for non-British Commonwealth transport, SS transport, Romanian trucks and strongpoints for 4-5 non-German countries. I think the substitutes make the OOB pages look weird. I think using only 'official' replacements from downloads and later games would be inconsistent. Using Vassal graphics would look better, eventually be consistent, but may be confusing to newer members and many people do not read notes (here or in Vassal).

The poll has an even 1-1 split at this time. A good representation of Congress, and not a good sign for consensus.
triangular_cube likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
RE: Represented by a truck (and other substitutions) - by plloyd1010 - 01-28-2022, 10:30 PM