Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
FEB: Brazilian Expeditionary Force
12-23-2021, 01:17 PM,
RE: FEB: Brazilian Expeditionary Force
(12-21-2021, 02:16 AM)JayTownsend Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 05:05 AM)treadasaurusrex Wrote: Just imagine how uncluttered and clean, Mr. Lloyd's terrific Brazilian counter sheet would look like without the meaningless Avalanche Press-required shading depicted under the figures and vehicles.

Here's to eliminating the shadow clutter, at least on those counters that we play with online through PG-HQ.

Send Mike/AP an email, maybe they will consider it? Or maybe not, as it won't match existing games.
Dear Jay,

Here's an excerpt of what I sent Dr. B. at AP:

" Thanks you very much for designing a new set of counters for the Changsha Operation gold club item that minimizes the ridiculous figure & vehicle shadows that have characterized PG counter sets since I don't know when. Completely doing away with the weird shadowing would make for cleaner, less-cluttered, more-readable game pieces and I respectfully suggest that you consider the idea.

IMHO, depicting shadows on tiny PG counters just makes for unnecessary clutter & confusion, much like the strange isometric-view terrain features and buildings that clutter & confuse, on the more recent scenario terrain maps. The latter just make terrain difficult to interpret — most especially for people with red-green color blindness. You know, like some 24% of the male population — the PG series’ primary audience & customers.

The plumb blossom background looks great, and I look forward to playing this new, easier to read extension.

Best wishes for a joyous Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year,

Felipe “Why show unnatural shade in plan-view tank depictions?” Jacome"
Tankodactyl, OldPueblo, CavDo And 3 others like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: FEB: Brazilian Expeditionary Force - by treadasaurusrex - 12-23-2021, 01:17 PM