Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 5-5 German Paratrooper MG Thoughts
07-15-2020, 12:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 01:41 AM by saracv3.)
RE: The 5-5 German Paratrooper MG Thoughts
No, maybe I misunderstood your previous post about paratrooper MGs as one step units. If they’re rated at 5-5 or 4-5 (4-5 sounds reasonable) it’s fine. If rated a 4-5, I’m arguing that although this is a reduced rating, it could be a two step unit. The full two step unit is 4-5; if it loses a step it becomes 2-5.

Or maybe I simply misunderstood your original errata note in which you stated that beginning w Army at Dawn, (designed by Mike Perryman who also designed Crete, a more recent game) the Luftwaffe paratrooper MG was 5-5 and Crete paratroopers should also have 5-5 rated MGs. The reason that I use the term “MG” is because this reduction in value takes it away from HMG status. The reason. I brought up the 6-4 NZ MG.unit is due to the fact that this is a two step unit but different from the NZ HMG, which is rated 8-4.

My other thought about the a Paratrooper HMG/ MG questions. Is that this unit may have been stronger in 1941 than 1943. In 1941, the paratrooper arm was considered elite, but did it lose that status after Crete,, when Hitler told Student that, “... The day of the paratrooper has passed....” [paraphrase]

I don’t know if I am as clear as mud.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 5-5 German Paratrooper MG Thoughts - by saracv3 - 07-15-2020, 12:15 AM