Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skill vs Numbers
11-27-2017, 01:07 AM,
RE: Skill vs Numbers
Ok, enough people enjoy the pictures to make it worth while. On with the show!

End of turn 2/start of turn 3.

After the setback at the start of the battle the US regain the initiative and continue on (I rolled well on the init roll and won 3 AS's to start).

The first thing to take care of is the ambush of the APC with the Uber German 922 Sergeant riding along. The 3 HGM's open fire and this time it's my turn to roll a 12. 3X. Ouch. That takes out the Inf and APC leaving the Demoralized Serg running back to his lines. Until the 2nd stack opens fire and rolls an 11 cutting him down (I had already activated both stacks to fire so I couldn't move into the hex with the lone leader).  Chalk one up for superior US firepower over German skilled leaders.

You can also see the German reinforcements rushing to defend the castle and crossroads.

Next the fight on the hill that was supposed to be a fight for the city. We drop OBA onto the leader and Gren that took our Leader/forward observer captive. Another good roll gets an X Demoralizing both the troops and the leader. (I hope our leader was already sent back!) Both of them scurry back to the safety of the town. The US forces continue their deployment onto the hill pushing another leader forward to spot at least 1 hex of the town and dropping more Artillery onto the already Dem units there plus the AT gun waiting for Shermans to plink at. 

Not to be outdone in the forward observer battle the Germans move their leader on the flank along the hill line to see behind the hill and start dropping rockets, 120mm mortar and OBA onto my mortars in the back. Arrrrg.

Kind of funny.  We've been having battles for about 10 years now and we've never had an observer battle like this. 

The rest of the turn was just movement. Here you can see his Stug finally coming on and moving towards the town. 
11-27-2017, 09:25 AM,
What's the hand written counter in 1211 supposed to be?
11-27-2017, 10:11 AM,
(11-27-2017, 09:25 AM)zaarin7 Wrote: What's the hand written counter in 1211 supposed to be?

It appears to be a proxy Marder II
11-27-2017, 11:10 AM,
(11-27-2017, 10:11 AM)triangular_cube Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:25 AM)zaarin7 Wrote: What's the hand written counter in 1211 supposed to be?

It appears to be a proxy Marder II

Hah, yeah it is. Sadly I can't seem to find my Cassino counters.  Sad   I have no idea why they are not in the box. I've hunted around a bit but couldn't find them so made a 'proxy' Marder II for now. Good eye. 
11-27-2017, 09:55 PM,
Sorry to hear that. You could go to the following site and make a new counter.

http://zho.berka.com/rules/war/tank_counter.html

I've used it for making PB/PL/AIW counters and it works. I believe you can color code the numbers like PG does. It wont be the top down view PG uses but it will look better.
11-28-2017, 12:12 AM,
(11-27-2017, 09:55 PM)zaarin7 Wrote: Sorry to hear that. You could go to the following site and make a new counter.

http://zho.berka.com/rules/war/tank_counter.html

I've used it for making PB/PL/AIW counters and it works. I believe you can color code the numbers like PG does. It wont be the top down view PG uses but it will look better.

Hey, look at that. I'll have to give that a try, thanks!
11-29-2017, 12:42 AM,
I also have a proxy German leader over by the castle. My opponent got tired of trying to keep all the leaders separate and just has a bag of 'east front leaders'. He pulled one that doesn't have a match in the box I was pulling German leaders from and I didn't want to hunt for it so I made another proxy.
11-29-2017, 02:13 AM,
But you need to clip those corners :-)
11-29-2017, 02:25 AM,
(11-29-2017, 02:13 AM)Schoenwulf Wrote: But you need to clip those corners :-)

Heathen.   Smile

I like clipped counters but not enough to do the work to make them so. 

A friend of mine left his clippers here by mistake so I COULD start clipping...
11-29-2017, 04:43 AM,
Is it an Oregon Laminator counter clipper? I use their 2mm deluxe version and love it.