Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black SS Trucks and SPW?
01-11-2016, 03:22 AM,
RE: Black SS Trucks and SPW?
Nearly done! Watch this space. I've done all the transports including SdKfz 7's and 9's. I'm currently finishing off some chrome pieces I really wanted: Hummel and 150mm Howitzers are done. Jagdpanzers, NW41's, SdKfz 234/4 and 75mm IG left to go.
01-11-2016, 05:33 AM,
For a bonus question: What symbol are you using for the infantry guns?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-17-2016, 01:10 AM,
The combined artillery big dot with the infantry symbol X. Copied from your Volksturm! This was actually an easy counter to make.
01-18-2016, 07:01 AM,
I’ve finally finished my Black SS Supplement counter sheet containing 48 counters and attached here for anyone interested. I’ve included the transports which originally interested me but just had to add a few units in black which I thought were missing from the original publication of Black SS:

Jagdpanzer V
Jagdpanzer IV/70
Wirbelwind
150mm towed Arty in SS and Wehrmacht. Makes good OBA counters if nothing else.  I based the values of this counter on the Panzer Lehr countermix.
The Hummel 150mm gun SPA, which is not yet included in the standard game………I’m an old Panzer Leader fan! Hummel was my first artwork and not as good as the three following AFV’s. It’s tough to do but once I got the hang of Inkscape it’s very effective. I traced line drawings off the web for some of them, though I found a Pz IV pdf from the Bulge correction sheet for the hull of the Hummel and Wirbelwind which made production much easier.  The Jagdpanther is from scratch.

I increased the size of the SdKfz 9 as it was such an enormous machine.

Enjoy!

Attached Files
.pdf   Black SS Supplement.pdf (Size: 4.3 MB / Downloads: 56)
01-19-2016, 12:12 AM,
Those look outstanding. Thanks. And I agree on the Famo. In 1999 I actually saw one. Standing beside it the track at the top of the drive wheel was level with the top of my head which is six feet. It differently stood out among all the other vehicles at that event.
01-19-2016, 05:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2016, 05:53 AM by Special K.)
(01-19-2016, 12:12 AM)zaarin7 Wrote: Those look outstanding. Thanks. And I agree on the Famo. In 1999 I actually saw one. Standing beside it the track at the top of the drive wheel was level with the top of my head which is six feet. It differently stood out among all the other vehicles at that event.

That must have been great to see a Famo up close. Bundesarchiv have lots of pictures of them, many from North Africa. We need a scenario involving some armored recovery for VPs! 
01-19-2016, 05:58 AM,
I love everything in that PDF but the "LIMBERED" font. Outstanding work!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
01-21-2016, 12:41 AM,
It was. It was my first trip overseas and I did the trip with my best friend who has traveled a lot.
01-21-2016, 01:28 AM,
(01-19-2016, 05:58 AM)Shad Wrote: I love everything in that PDF but the "LIMBERED" font. Outstanding work!

Thanks Shad!  However I should credit PLLOYD quite a bit here as he helped get me on the right track from the start. 

I'll check that font, though I thought I had copied it from the same for the Bulge addendum. 

I'd like to send this on for consideration for daily content if anyone knows an email to contact. The sheet addresses my niggles with the original and may be of use to others. 
01-21-2016, 12:44 PM,
Under Contact Us on the company page it gives a company phone number. You could always call and ask about a daily content. I suspect given recent history it would more likely become another Gold Club exclusive.