Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulge Season Nearly Upon Us
11-24-2015, 05:32 AM,
RE: Bulge Season Nearly Upon Us
(11-18-2015, 02:35 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: I'm one of those who always try to load Bulge related scenarios into the period between the 16th of December and the 7th of January, and the game scenarios are not exactly in order, so I took some time to build a list of Bulge related scenarios from Battle of the Bulge, Elsenborn Ridge and Winter Soldiers, in  date and time order so those who like to follow the historical dates can find the scenario for the day.  I looked at a few other games but didn't find anything else specific to the Bulge, although there are a few other things happening at the same time on other fronts and theaters.  I've left those off for now. If I've missed anything, let me know. 

Tom Oxley

I did something like this, too, with the idea of playing them all in order.  Yeah, right.  Got wise quickly.  That's a project perhaps for when after I retire.
11-24-2015, 07:59 AM,
(11-24-2015, 05:32 AM)t1M0t8yk Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 02:35 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: I'm one of those who always try to load Bulge related scenarios into the period between the 16th of December and the 7th of January, and the game scenarios are not exactly in order, so I took some time to build a list of Bulge related scenarios from Battle of the Bulge, Elsenborn Ridge and Winter Soldiers, in  date and time order so those who like to follow the historical dates can find the scenario for the day.  I looked at a few other games but didn't find anything else specific to the Bulge, although there are a few other things happening at the same time on other fronts and theaters.  I've left those off for now. If I've missed anything, let me know. 

Tom Oxley

I did something like this, too, with the idea of playing them all in order.  Yeah, right.  Got wise quickly.  That's a project perhaps for when after I retire.

Yes, some days have a choice between one or two, some have a whole lot of choices.  And some have some scenarios that will probably never fit on my table, like the one with double the airborne troops.  Smile  Sort of like an advent calendar though.  And if I'm lucky, I may get 2 or 3 games in each week.  I had wanted to try that some years ago with ASL.  Think I managed 2 days.
11-24-2015, 08:55 AM,
I have a working list of all scenarios by date. Where I run into a stumbling block is scenarios that don;t have an actual date, but just have a month and a year (hypothetical scenarios). Otherwise, it is nearly complete with the exception of the few modules that I don't have and the new stuff that I'm waiting for. Maybe when the day comes that all my back ordered stuff arrives (one day, when I'm a little older) then I will release my working copy for all to enjoy. I've even added a column so that you can see the correlating scenario from other releases, such as the scenarios in common between the various Airborne releases, Arctic Front and AF Deluxe, Tank Battles and Hopeless but not serious, etc...
12-05-2015, 09:26 PM,
I've got the Bulge bug too and recently got Elsenborn, Winter Soldiers, and Black SS. I think Rosevelts SS is next and then on to several Twin Villages scenarios where Amaerican arty looks fearsome! I'm sure I'll run out of time by then.

Great games and such huge scope to recreate battles.
12-08-2015, 08:06 AM,
See, I read this and now I want to finish the scenario files for the Elsenborn Ridge VASSAL before the 16th so people can use them!
12-08-2015, 11:07 AM,
That would be fantastic!
12-09-2015, 02:05 AM,
I added a column for scenario length to my original file. If there is interest, I'll upload that. Some days there aren't many choices, some days actually no choices, but others have quite a few, and I like scenarios of under 24 turns if possible. I think the list manages that.
12-16-2016, 04:55 AM,
Bumping this up again since tomorrow is December 16th, the opening day again. Time for me to look at that list from last year and find the scenarios I didn't play last year. Not likely to get as many games in this year, but should get 4 or 5 in anyway.

Tom
"Kill them all, let God sort them out."
12-17-2016, 12:53 AM,
Since I still have Broken Axis on my PG table, no PG Bulge for me, however I do have Enemy Action: Ardennes on the dining room table.
12-17-2016, 03:17 AM,
I don't think I'll match the 7 games I played last year but hope to get in 2 or 3 anyway. My wife fell and dislocated her shoulder and did a lot of damage to the rotator cuff, with surgery coming up after Christmas. No time to put something on the table on a quiet day at work and a lot of helping her around the house when I'm home. But it is still a target for me to try to get at least a couple of games in over the season.
"Kill them all, let God sort them out."