Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wagon / APC and AT Fire
11-18-2015, 01:12 AM,
Wagon / APC and AT Fire
Am I right that I can not use AT fire against wagons or APCs ? That´s how I read the rules, but it seems a little bit silly 
Angel
11-18-2015, 01:23 AM,
RE: Wagon / APC and AT Fire
You can use AT fire against APC's and trucks. Wagons are a bit fuzzier.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-18-2015, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2015, 04:32 AM by Poor Yorek.)
(11-18-2015, 01:12 AM)LarsHolgerRoth Wrote: Am I right that I can not use AT fire against wagons or APCs ? That´s how I read the rules, but it seems a little bit silly 
Angel

One may use AT fire against any unit that has an armor value, even if that value is -1 as for a truck.  Whether a wagon has such a value is the question underlying Peter's post.  

I have to add that the truck's armor value of -1 is wonderfully nostalgic of the old D&D negative armor classes (which, in turn, were great ways to teach a kid how to add and subtract negative numbers).
11-18-2015, 05:21 PM,
Thanks for your clarification. There is now nothing which will stop me blowing up trucks again Cool
11-24-2015, 01:52 AM,
It's 16 years too late, but maybe it would be nice to print -1 armour value on truck counters in future runs of PG titles.
10-31-2016, 06:03 AM,
There's actually a reason not to print -1 on Trucks (I was thinking about this the other day). If you do print a -1, it implies they are an armored vehicle, which means they would be immune to direct and bombardment fire results except X. You could then put on the charts that this doesn't apply to them, and there would be the confusion over X killing a unit and an unarmored transport (which trucks really are). Instead of putting lots of exceptions for that, it's just easier to put the one exception on the AT chart.
10-31-2016, 06:48 AM,
Joshua is correct as to why it's a bad idea to print a -1 armor value on trucks.