Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
created player aid counters
01-05-2015, 05:02 AM,
created player aid counters
PG is a good game, but its play aids are lacking. I really like the Scenario Information Tracker and Assault Hex pdfs I found at BGG. However, both need customized counters to facillitate their use.

I have created three print-and-play sheets with such counters, and additional counters for OBA. I posted them today to the Files section for PG Eastern Front at BGG. The pdfs are formatted for 4x6 printing labels. Can I post the files to PGHQ?

I am new to PG, so those interested please take a look at my files and provide feedback. For example, do I provide a comprehensive selection of OBA counters? Do I provide enough assaut counters?

Attached Files
.zip   play aid counters.zip (Size: 374.13 KB / Downloads: 63)
01-05-2015, 08:30 AM,
RE: created player aid counters
Nice work!

The PG OBA will come in handy if you're like me and sometimes forget whether you fired all of it or not.

In urban assault scenarios, I often use a marker in the assault hex and an identical marker off map. I place the units in the assault below the off board marker. I've found this speeds up play when I play solitaire because that lessens the risk of my knocking down a stack. I think that's what you're doing too based on your counters.

I track step losses and victory points in logs so there is no need for me to track them on a chart. The morale information is written on the log so there is no need to track it separately.
01-05-2015, 08:56 AM,
(01-05-2015, 08:30 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: The PG OBA will come in handy if you're like me and sometimes forget whether you fired all of it or not.

Exactly my concern.

(01-05-2015, 08:30 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: In urban assault scenarios, I often use a marker in the assault hex and an identical marker off map... I think that's what you're doing too based on your counters.

Hmm, I think I need to clarify that the left and right sides of the counter sheets are meant to be opposite sides of two-sided counters. Certainly others are free to use them as they like but that is how I intend to print-and-play the counters I created.
01-06-2015, 12:32 AM,
Here is an updated version of the files. I adjusted, checked, and confirmed the print formatting. Again, use 4x6 shipping labels.

Attached Files
.zip   PG play aid counters.zip (Size: 379.83 KB / Downloads: 57)