PG-HQ Forums
[Major Update] Library 2.0 is Live - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: PG-HQ Q&A (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: [Major Update] Library 2.0 is Live (/showthread.php?tid=318)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [Major Update] Library 2.0 is Live - enrique - 10-17-2012

Fantastic work!

RE: [Major Update] Library 2.0 is Live - larry marak - 10-17-2012

When I click on the green rectangular boxes I get the message "error on page".

Everything above it looks great, by the way

RE: [Major Update] Library 2.0 is Live - Shad - 10-17-2012

(10-17-2012, 05:32 AM)larry marak Wrote: When I click on the green rectangular boxes I get the message "error on page".

Everything above it looks great, by the way

Larry, are you still using a WebTV to browse the internet? Sad

If that's the case, we're probably not the only website that doesn't work smoothly for you. Confused

RE: [Major Update] Library 2.0 is Live - Hugmenot - 10-17-2012

What browser do you use, Larry?

Larry,

While you, Hugmenot, and I search for a more permanent solution, I've gone ahead and put in a "Marak Hack".

If you are logged in and visit a scenario page - such as BaBu001 - the javascript keeping those sections hidden will be stripped away and everything will display without the ability to show/hide.

Please visit that link and then post here confirming that this does in fact work for you. Once confirmed, I will put the Marak Hack onto each Library page so you can see all content until we can find a workable solution.

RE: [Major Update] Library 2.0 is Live - larry marak - 10-17-2012

The Marak Hack works fine.

This particular Marak hack works so so, not enough around the house, if you ask my wife.

Thanks, it looks great.

I'm using a version of windows 7 at work. msn.tv 2 at home. The hack is working fine on my work computer.

(10-17-2012, 09:33 AM)larry marak Wrote: The Marak Hack works fine.

Ok. Hack has been propagated to every library item.

Quote:I'm using a version of windows 7 at work. msn.tv 2 at home. The hack is working fine on my work computer.

The computer running Win7 was fussy? Or your home setup? Or both?

Were you using IE on the work computer?

RE: [Major Update] Library 2.0 is Live - larry marak - 10-18-2012

i.e. 7, the most primitive version of 7 is the most advanced version we can use here due to reliance on software dating to 1999, and processing equipment that NCR stopped supporting 7 years ago. We're a run it till the machine or the operator dies on the job kind of outfit here.

RE: [Major Update] Library 2.0 is Live - Shad - 10-18-2012

Given how inexpensive PC hardware is these days, particularly hardware that can capably run some software that old, my experience has always been that the company sets up a few designated terminals that are only to be used with the old stuff.

Alternatively, they make you keep IE 7 installed, but free you to use an alternate modern browser for all other tasks.

Sounds like the IT dept either doesn't exist, or likes to pretend they don't.

RE: [Major Update] Library 2.0 is Live - JayTownsend - 10-19-2012

Excellent job Andrew!

Very Cool.