PG-HQ Forums
We did it! - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Vassal General (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: We did it! (/showthread.php?tid=2058)

We did it! - Shad - 02-10-2020

Many believed it would never be done, but we did it and we did it in style!

(comprehensive announcement message goes here later)

RE: We did it! - cjsiam - 02-10-2020

You guys are rock stars..... 
Shad for putting all this in a place, and Peter for so much effort and time.

I'm sorry Dan missed it---I sent the note to his wife--with his name highlighted, she was very pleased to see it as she knew how much it meant to him....

So---Damn, I owe you beers or your libations of choice.

Now---how do I start mentoring Smile....

Cry Havoc! and Loose the Dogs of war!

RE: We did it! - plloyd1010 - 02-10-2020

See you at Finkel & Garf in 10 minutes. Big Grin

RE: We did it! - Schoenwulf - 02-10-2020

Kudo's to Peter and Shad as well. Without their dedicated efforts, this wouldn't have happened. Onward and upward!

RE: We did it! - cjsiam - 02-10-2020

(02-10-2020, 08:55 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: See you at Finkel & Garf in 10 minutes. Big Grin

If there wasn't so much snow on the ground, you'd have it....
You get unlimited Rainchecks, Good Sir.....your investment in time/effort to get here has been invaluable!
Let's arrange---I need to get some stupid help with the french....so...end week, when most of snow is a memory
cjWink

RE: We did it! - pixelgeek - 06-06-2020

So how did you all manage to make Mike change his mind?

RE: We did it! - plloyd1010 - 06-06-2020

(06-06-2020, 12:54 PM)pixelgeek Wrote: So how did you all manage to make Mike change his mind?

To understand that, you begin with this Consim post. That told us 2 things. Dr.Mike would serious players to have online capability, and that he didn't like hosting the Vassal modules. The answer was the Vassal Academy, hosting the files here, and a pretty green mug.

The Academy was specifically designed for that, and teaching the features in the system. It has also morphed into a mechanism for correcting the rules errors which solo players often develop in their gaming. While it means that, as judges, we need to be little rules-nazis, it gets everyone to central reference point of play.

RE: We did it! - pixelgeek - 06-07-2020

(06-06-2020, 11:27 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 12:54 PM)pixelgeek Wrote: So how did you all manage to make Mike change his mind?

To understand that, you begin with this Consim post. That told us 2 things. Dr.Mike would serious players to have online capability, and that he didn't like hosting the Vassal modules. The answer was the Vassal Academy, hosting the files here, and a pretty green mug.

Thanks. I assumed that he didn't want to have to deal with hosting and the inevitable tech support issues. Nice that he has this site to use as a resource