PG-HQ Forums
PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press (/showthread.php?tid=2056)

Pages: 1 2

PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press - cjsiam - 02-10-2020

Ladies and Gentlemen, Behold!

Based on the work of Peter, Shad/Andrew and our friend Dan, and others---
I am so delighted to see this.....

Let the games Begin![attachment=1471]
This is BIG NEWS

RE: PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press - Tmo - 02-10-2020

I looked in the Vassal Section but cannot find modules for Desert Rats and Eastern Front which are two modules I own that I want to play vassal - are those available somewhere that I missed.   This is great news for PG fans for sure!

RE: PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press - plloyd1010 - 02-10-2020

First, the players hub isn't going to be live until tomorrow. It may go live before then, but we were not expecting the announcement until mid-night.
Second, full library access with require passing the Vassal Academy. (Sounds weird, but that was the deal for getting this off the ground.)

RE: PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press - cjsiam - 02-10-2020

(02-10-2020, 08:00 AM)Tmo Wrote: I looked in the Vassal Section but cannot find modules for Desert Rats and Eastern Front which are two modules I own that I want to play vassal - are those available somewhere that I missed.   This is great news for PG fans for sure!

As Peter replied below----you get through the Academy and you have access to the full inventory of VASSAL Modules to play games with your friends.
To whet your appetite---here is the inventory of games---your's are in there Smile  
ALL HAIL PETER AND SHAD!
[attachment=1472]

RE: PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press - Shad - 02-10-2020

(02-10-2020, 08:00 AM)Tmo Wrote: I looked in the Vassal Section but cannot find modules for Desert Rats and Eastern Front which are two modules I own that I want to play vassal - are those available somewhere that I missed.   This is great news for PG fans for sure!

Hi Tmo, as Peter said above, Mike got a little ahead of us here. I'm throwing the doors open right now.

RE: PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press - triangular_cube - 02-10-2020

Wow. I might actually have to relearn Vassal so I can finally play those huge AK scenarios I dont have room for. 

Nice work guys.

(02-10-2020, 08:58 AM)triangular_cube Wrote: Wow. I might actually have to relearn Vassal so I can finally play those huge AK scenarios I dont have room for. 

Nice work guys.

There are a team of people happy to help you with VASSAL and Uber ....

Would love to pick up your armor--- Smile --- let me know!
cjSmile

RE: PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press - Shad - 02-10-2020

(02-10-2020, 08:58 AM)triangular_cube Wrote: Wow. I might actually have to relearn Vassal so I can finally play those huge AK scenarios I dont have room for. 

Nice work guys.

Exactly! I'm really excited to finally be able to play some Cassino!

RE: PG VASSAL Announcement by AVL Press - Tmo - 02-10-2020

Sounds great -- how do I sign up for the Academy?   I see a Vassal Academy page with nothing in it yet?

(02-10-2020, 12:08 PM)Tmo Wrote: Sounds great -- how do I sign up for the Academy?   I see a Vassal Academy page with nothing in it yet?

You should be able to go to VASSAL Player Hub > VASSAL Academy and then sign up to go through it with a Mentor, or with self study (read options)...

Understand -- this is day one, there might be a hiccup here or there Smile

A Mentor will respond and you'll go through the games...

GOOD LUCK!  I might see you across a game map!
cjSmile