PG-HQ Forums
Why no love for Secret Weapons? - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Why no love for Secret Weapons? (/showthread.php?tid=1642)

Pages: 1 2 3

Why no love for Secret Weapons? - JayTownsend - 12-04-2017

Why is there no love for the Secret Weapons book/supplement?

It is a pretty cool book and added some really interesting counters to Panzer Grenadier.

I must admit, I have only played about 7 scenarios from Secret Weapons myself but when I went and looked back on it, very few gamers beside me have played any scenarios from it?

I know a few reasons I haven't played more scenarios from this supplement, because it uses too many maps and I don't have space to play them. Looking back on the ones I have played, and they seem to use fewer maps, other then I did try a 6 map scenario and one that used two desert maps from Desert Rats.

So besides map/space issues, other reasons I thought about, were that is draws from too many counters/maps from too many games and supplements, they are hypothetical scenarios and most of the products it draws from are older. But I decided to take a poll on this, as it is kind of interesting that AP made this mistake back in their early days.     

RE: Why no love for Secret Weapons? - plloyd1010 - 12-04-2017

Part of it may also be that environment for the super weapons doesn't change. That sort of leaves them out of context in the battle.

RE: Why no love for Secret Weapons? - retiredgrunt17 - 12-04-2017

(12-04-2017, 04:04 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Part of it may also be that environment for the super weapons doesn't change. That sort of leaves them out of context in the battle.

I just acquired it and look forward to it.

RE: Why no love for Secret Weapons? - Greyfox - 12-04-2017

I don’t live next to anyone to game with.

RE: Why no love for Secret Weapons? - Hugmenot - 12-04-2017

The theme did not grab me.

RE: Why no love for Secret Weapons? - retiredgrunt17 - 12-04-2017

(12-04-2017, 11:42 AM)Greyfox Wrote: I don’t live next to anyone to game with.

Same here. The only real alternative for me is email or by skype/phone. There are several gamers in my area, but no real interest in PG unfortunately.

RE: Why no love for Secret Weapons? - Matt W - 12-05-2017

The scenarios are relatively sterile. They exist simply to show the weapons in use without a ton of context. Doesn't scratch an itch for me.

RE: Why no love for Secret Weapons? - plloyd1010 - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 04:54 AM)Matt W Wrote: The scenarios are relatively sterile.  They exist simply to show the weapons in use without a ton of context.  Doesn't scratch an itch for me.

Didn't I say that?

RE: Why no love for Secret Weapons? - richvalle - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 05:47 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 04:54 AM)Matt W Wrote: The scenarios are relatively sterile.  They exist simply to show the weapons in use without a ton of context.  Doesn't scratch an itch for me.

Didn't I say that?

He was giving you a +1.  Smile

RE: Why no love for Secret Weapons? - Matt W - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 05:47 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:

Didn't I say that?

Yep, great minds do think alike, although there is also the possibility that we are regressing to a mean...